Seminar Robot Perception
Requirements & Information
- Organizers: Prof Dr. Wolfram Burgard, Prof Dr. Thomas Brox, Dr. Luciano Spinello and Dr. Gian Diego Tipaldi
- You have to:
- select a paper, understand it and prepare a talk of 30 minutes
- write a very short summary about each paper (by answering a couple of questions about each paper)
- participate in the discussion
- The material must be in English.
- The seminar is restricted to 9 students.
- Please register via the online registration system. We apply the strategy: first come, first serve.
- The seminar will be held as a "Blockseminar"
- A first version of the slides for the presentation must be sent to the superviser on 4.Feb.2013 at the latest.
- A first version of the summary must be sent to the superviser on 6.Feb.2013. You can revise the summary once according to the comments of your supervisor. The final version has to be submitted by 14.Feb.2013.
- The summaries should be 4 pages long at maximum (latex, a4wide, 11pt) not counting the bibliography and figures. Significantly longer summaries will not be accepted.
- Topics will be assigned in the first meeting.
- The first meeting will take place on Friday, October 26, starting 14:00 c.t. in room 01-016 in building 101.
- Slides of the seminar introduction
- >> Questions for the summary <<
>> Presentation Date and Information <<
- The presentation will take place on Monday, 18 Feb 2013 starting at 9.00 a.m. (s.t.), please be on time
- Location: Building 101, room 01-016.
- Bring your presentation as PDF on a USBstick.
- Taking Mobile Multi-Object Tracking to the Next Level: People, Unknown Objects...: Igor Bogoslavskyi
- What makes Paris look like Paris? (supplementary material supp1 ): Julian Schnid
- Highly Scalable Appearance-Only SLAM - FAB-MAP 2.0 (supplementary material supp1 ): Andreas Kuhner
- Kintinuous: Spatially Extended KinectFusion (supplementary material supp1 ): Ramin Zohouri
|Mon||10:20||10:30||10 Min Break|
|Mon||12:30||13:20||50 Min Lunch Break|
Additional mandatory material
List of papers and advisors
Advisor L. Spinello