Seminar Motion PlanningIn this seminar, we will focus on concepts and techniques that can be applied to solve problems in bioinformatics as well as in robotics. We will especially focus on motion planning algorithms used in the context of protein folding as well as for mobile robot path planning or manipulation.
- The seminar takes place on Wed, 06.02.2008, 9 ct (please be on time)
- Room: 101-02-106/018 - building 101, 2nd floor, room 16/18
Requirements & Information:
- Organizer: Prof Dr. Rolf Backofen, Prof Dr. Wolfram Burgard, Dr. Cyrill Stachniss, Dr. Sebastian Will
- You have to prepare a talk of 30 minutes and write a summary. Both can be done in English or German.
- The seminar is restricted to 12 students.
- Please register via the LSF (click here). We apply the strategy: first come, first serve.
- Registration deadline is 15.09.2007
- The seminar will be a 2-3 days "Blockseminar".
- The seminar will take place between 04.02.2008 and 08.02.2008.
- The 1st meeting will be on Monday 22.10.2007, 14h in Room 079-00019 (for registered students only!)
- The summaries should be a 7 pages long at maximum (latex, a4wide, 11pt). Significantly longer summaries will not be accepted!
- The summaries and the slides for the presentation must be submitted Thu, 10.01.2008. If you do not submit your summary on time, you failed the seminar!
- Papers will be assigned in the first meeting.
- Dennis Bruhn: Randomized Kinodynamic Planning (Betreuer: Slawomir Grzonka)
- Norman Kohler: Protein Docking (Betreuer: Sebastian Will)
- Patrick Hirt: RNA Folding (Betreuer: Sebastian Will)
- Annika Maier: Protein Folding (Betreuer: Sebastian Will)
- Bart Wloka: Path Planning for Deformable Robots in Complex Environments (Betreuerin: Barbara Frank)
- Juergen Werner: Path Planning for Deformable Linear Objects (Betreuerin: Barbara Frank)
- Michael Keiser: Elastic Roadmaps (Betreuer: Juergen Sturm)
- Christoph Sprunk: Probabilistic Roadmaps for Path Planning in High-Dimensional Configuration Spaces (Betreuer: Cyrill Stachniss)
- Sebastian Mischke: Sampling Techniques for Probabilistic Roadmap Planners (Betreuer: Cyrill Stachniss)